Weddings at Calvary Church Summit, New Jersey
We, at Calvary Church Summit, welcome your interest in celebrating the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony in a historic setting that reflects our Anglican tradition.The Sacrament of Holy Matrimony is the sacramental rite of the church in which two persons enter into a life-long union, make their vows before God and the Church, and receive the grace and blessing of God to help them fulfill their vows. — The Book of Common Prayer, p.861
Who may be married at Calvary Church?
- Communicants of Calvary Church as well as non-communicants.
- Same sex as well as opposite sex couples in accordance with the law of the State of New Jersey and of the doctrines of the Episcopal Church of America.
- At least one of the persons to be joined in Holy Matrimony must be a baptized Christian (of any denomination).
- The couple must complete four pre-marital counseling sessions by the Rector or another member of the clergy.
- Any special circumstances, such as a prior divorce, must be made known to the Rector at the time of the first interview.
How to arrange a wedding
If you desire to be married at Calvary, please contact the Parish Office as soon as possible, but at least 90 days prior to the desired wedding date to arrange a meeting with the rector. Couples should not begin planning their wedding until the Church and and date are secured through the Rector. Ideally, a couple should begin the marriage preparation process six months before their intended wedding date.
Please view the wedding book for more information.
Persons interested in being married at Calvary Church, please contact Matt Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org